Each month we take a closer look at a different member of agencypds, to give you an insight into some of the skillsets, experiences and insight that they bring to us as a collective. This month we put some questions to Senior Designer, Shaun…
2. What is your position at agencypds?
3. What does your role involve?
Multi-channel design, web, animation, client pitches, leading projects, client liaison, conceptual design.
Competition website for London Bricks ‘Building Skills for Better Futures’ campaign
Forterra’s Health & Safety posters
4. How long have you worked in the design sector and when did you join agencypds?
I have worked in the design industry for almost 20 years and joined PDS in July 2015.
5. What aspect of your job do you like the most?
I love the variety of work we have and also working with such a great team, but I really love digital and web projects, they are easily my favourite.
6. What would you say is your greatest strength within your role at agencypds?
A knowledge of design across print, web and digital and almost 20 years of design experience.
7. Who or what has been a big influence on you throughout your career in design?
I don’t think I have had a single influence but genuinely try to learn and listen to all the people I’ve worked with, I’ve been fortunate to work with some really talented people throughout my career and all of those people help to influence and improve me as a designer.
8. Where do you look to gain experience and inspiration?
I think I am always looking, but not necessarily in specific places. I think it’s just how your brain works, you can see the simplest of things but really appreciate a design twist, accent or application. That said, I do love reliving some of the classic early 80’s adverts on youtube!
9. Give us three examples of design work you admire?
Bit of a variety here but I really love clever music videos, especially OK GO and Brunettes Shoot Blondes, I really like Modern Toss cards (contemporary cartoons with foul-mouthed copylines) and Breitling.
10. Name one thing that you believe is a design classic?
Adidas Gazelles, never out of fashion!
11. Tell us three interesting facts about agencypds?
Our team has more than trebled in number during the time I have been here.
Lynda is Bilingual and used to live in France.
Myself, Diggers and Simon have worked together for 15 years.
12. What has been your greatest highlight at agencypds?
The London Brick 140 year campaign, although it touched many areas of the business leading the campaign creative and working on a project of that size/scale across various channels was both challenging and rewarding.
13. Use no more than five words to describe the team you work with?
Creative, talented and hard-working people.
14. If you could pass on one piece of valuable advice to your clients what would it be?
When we design, our goal is always the same – to deliver work that we are proud of, and that you are proud of. We really do care about what we do.
see more of
We share insights into some of our projects and we also set various studio challenges to sharpen our design instincts and keep our skills in peak condition throughout the year. You can view a selection of these on our Instagram page @agency_pds
At AgencyPDS we are enthusiastic and passionate about our clients and our projects. Our creative commentaries are a series of short videos in which different members of the team talk about recent projects and their individual approaches to various briefs.