Each month we take a closer look at a different member of agencypds, to give you an insight into some of the skillsets, experiences and insight that they bring to us as a collective. In this interview we talk to one of our studio administrators, Lynda…
2. What is your position at agencypds?
3. What does your role involve?
Planning, scheduling and coordinating jobs through the agencypds studio. This includes quoting projects, scheduling and allocating work to our team of designers and artworkers, and working closely with the team to deliver projects on time and to meet client briefs.
Scheduling and allocating work to our team of designers and artworkers
The Dr. Martens Boot – a design classic
4. How long have you worked in the design sector and when did you join agencypds?
I joined agencypds in September 2017 and have worked in design studios for the last 10 years.
5. What aspect of your Job do you like the most?
I enjoy coordinating and organising multiple projects for a diverse range of clients, from large corporate companies to smaller charities. Every day and each project is different at agencypds.
6. What would you say is your greatest strength within your role at agencypds?
My role requires an eye for detail, from understanding briefs and providing accurate quotes to proofreading projects before they are delivered to our clients.
7. Who or what has been a big influence on you throughout your career in design?
The design studio at Eurostar was my introduction to the world of design and where I learnt a huge amount from working in a multi-cultural environment. The company culture was built upon embracing cultural differences, which were reflected in Eurostar’s brand and design. Working in an in-house studio was valuable experience for my role here at agencypds.
8. Where do you look to gain experience and inspiration?
Design week, lifestyle magazines, Stylist.co.uk, museums, galleries and architecture.
9. Give us three examples of design work you admire?
Pret for the food photography on their in-store posters, Jo Malone for the elegance and simplicity of their packaging and Innocent smoothies for their copywriting.
Brilliant creative from Pret using their products in ads
Simple yet elegant from Jo Malone
Creative copy lines by Innocent smoothies
10. Name one thing that you believe is a design classic?
Dr. Martens boots.
11. Tell us three interesting facts about agencypds?
Emily is in training to run the London marathon.
Between us we could probably form our own band.
We love coffee and cake of any description.
12. What has been your greatest highlight at agencypds?
Seeing our artwork for Northampton College’s ‘Open Events’ campaign go past on a bus in Leicester.
13. Use no more than five words to describe the team you work with?
Talented, dedicated, friendly, driven, down-to-earth.
13. If you could pass on one piece of valuable advice to your clients what would it be?
Take the time to proofread before approval as there will always be something that you didn’t see at first glance.
see more of
We share insights into some of our projects and we also set various studio challenges to sharpen our design instincts and keep our skills in peak condition throughout the year. You can view a selection of these on our Instagram page @agency_pds
At AgencyPDS we are enthusiastic and passionate about our clients and our projects. Our creative commentaries are a series of short videos in which different members of the team talk about recent projects and their individual approaches to various briefs.